Our office will be closed Monday, May 18th for Victoria Day. Enjoy the long weekend!
We are excited to let you know that our clinic will be reopening on Tuesday, May 5th to our amazing community! Our team is eager to serve you once again. There are some changes you should be aware of so that we can maintain a healthy environment. We appreciate you taking the time to read the updates!
1. Adjustment appointment times
We will be changing to half hour appointment time blocks in lieu of one hour time blocks. This will allow for some flexibility but also allow physical distancing requirements to be maintained. We appreciate you arriving at your designated appointment time block only.
2. Are you immunocompromised or consider yourself high risk and feeling uncertain about public places? Please call our team so that we can accommodate you and ensure you can receive the care you need during this time.
You may leave your shoes on while in the clinic. Please do remove them in the front entrance or place a shoe covering on them if they are wet or muddy. Thank you
4. Help us to help you!
Our team is doing everything we can to make your visit as efficient as possible in order to limit the time you will be in our office, we thank you for your cooperation! If you currently pay with cash, please consider taking advantage of our monthly billing system and leaving a credit card or chequing account information on file or prepaying for appointments to lessen the interaction time at the front desk. (we will still accept cash at this time)
5. COVID-19 Screening
Our team is required to screen you prior to scheduling you an appointment. The screening questions will also be asked of you when you sign in for your appointment at our front desk. If you screen positive by answering yes to any question, we cannot schedule you an appointment until you can answer no to all of the questions. If at any time prior to your appointment you would answer yes to any question, please call our office to reschedule.Thank you for your understanding!
The screening questions will be as follows:
- Do you have current symptoms of COVID-19, such as: a fever, a new or changed chronic cough, a sore throat/runny nose/nasal congestion or shortness of breath that is not related to a known or preexisting condition?
- Have you traveled internationally within the last 14 days?
- Have you had unprotected close contact with individuals who have a confirmed or presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19?
We promise under our masks we are smiling & happy to see you!!! Be aware due to requirements from our regulatory association Dr. Brad will be masked at all times providing care and our team may also be wearing a mask if they are within close contact.
7. Hand hygiene
It is a new requirement that practice members entering the clinic perform hand hygiene by either washing your hands with soap and water or using the hand sanitizer we will have available at the front desk. Thank you for your cooperation.
Kids, we haven’t forgotten about you! Stickers will be available at the front desk -one of our team members will be happy to give you one on your visit. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any toys for you to play with while you’re here but you are welcome to bring something from home.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding with our new requirements and changes. For your health we are also introducing a new standard of sanitizing and cleaning high use areas. We look forward to serving you soon!!! You can call 780-469-4438 or email email@example.com to get you and your family scheduled in starting tomorrow. See you soon!
-Dr. Brad & The Hope Team
Our clinic remains closed for an unknown amount of time. If you are experiencing a health emergency, you may qualify to be seen for emergent care only. Contact our office via the form on our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to being able to serve everyone again! Updates will be posted on our website, facebook page on our office voicemail message.
Urgent care is defined for all chiropractors as follows:
Urgent neurological chiropractic care:
- This is defined as a pathology that could reasonably lead to a neurological deficit. The patient must be a demonstratable candidate for response to manual treatment, as delivered by a chiropractor; and if left untreated would result in the patient seeking urgent or emergency care at a medical facility.
Urgent musculoskeletal chiropractic care:
- This is defined as a pathology that could reasonably be a musculoskeletal condition for the patient that does, or would incapacitate the patient’s ability to function in performing daily activities without immediate intervention; and if left untreated would result in the patient seeking urgent or emergency care at a medical facility.
Hope Chiropractic will be closed from March 30th until April 5th (this was a pre-planned closure). We will resume caring for only emergent cases on Monday, April 6th until given further instructions from the Alberta Government and the Alberta College and Association of Chiropractors. If you think you may qualify for emergent care, please email our office at email@example.com to get in touch with our chiropractor. Thank you!
Please see the post below regarding our office moving to emergent care only for an unknown amount of time. If you feel you qualify for emergent care at this time, please EMAIL us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the quickest response.
Hours for the week of March 23rd to care for emergent cases are as follows:
Monday: 10-1, 3-6
Wednesday & Friday: 10-12, 4-6
Thank you for your understanding!
March 20, 2020 6:30pm
As of this afternoon it is under the recommendation of the Alberta College and Association of Chiropractors that effective Monday, March 23, 2020 all chiropractic services be suspended except those limited to emergent care.
If you have an appointment scheduled, please read the following to ensure your situation meets the requirements for us to proceed with your appointment. If you do not require emergent care (as defined below), please call us at 780.469.4438 and we will reschedule your appointment for a later date. If you are unsure if you qualify for care, please call us to assist with confirming your condition.
Emergent care is defined as:
- The patient is in an acute* condition where they would be severely physically limited from basic daily activities*** without chiropractic care. An example may include pain that limits your ability to sit/stand/move. OR
- The patient is in a sub-acute** condition that if left untreated would be vulnerable to an acute flare-up that could leave them severely physically limited from basic daily activities***. An example may be recognizing you are going to have a migraine which will limit your ability to perform basic daily activities.
*Acute meaning a severe or sudden onset.
**Sub-acute meaning rather recent onset or somewhat rapid change
*** Basic Daily Activities – Activities of daily living (ADLs) are routine activities people do every day without assistance. There are six basic ADLs: eating, bathing, getting dressed, toileting, transferring, and continence.
We will continue to serve emergent cases unless directed to do otherwise, granted you clear pre-screening measures and do not present with any of the concerned symptoms of COVID-19. If you are unsure of your COVID-19 symptoms please utilize this tool for direction on how to proceed:
Our team will be in contact with you via phone on Monday, March 23rd to confirm whether you meet the criteria for emergent care or whether you will need to reschedule your upcoming appointment(s).
It is possible our hours of operation may change over the course of the next undetermined amount of time. Please call the office at 780.469.443 or email email@example.com to ensure we can accommodate you during the hours we will be open. We will continue to respond to voicemail and email during this time, please leave a message. We thank you in advance for your patience as we get back to you.
Friendly reminder: the clinic will be closed for the week of March 30th (this closure was pre-planned)
We want to thank our members and our team for complying with many changes required to maintain an operational status.
Disinfecting areas of high contamination zones began in early March 2020 and extra measures were implemented as per Alberta Health Services and the Alberta College of Chiropractors advisement on March 13, 2020.
We have and continue to;
- Screen practice members
- Maintain a facility appropriate with social distancing recommendations
- Disinfect high touch areas and treatment areas
- Use hand sanitizer and/or washing hands prior to providing care to our members
We want to assure you, we have done everything in our ability to provide care and keep our clinic operating in a healthy and safe environment over the past weeks in the midst of the COVID19 pandemic.
We continue to pray for you and your loved ones during this trying time. We look forward to serving you in the coming months as this pandemic rests and our new normal returns. Should you desire to share a prayer request, feel free to email or call us and we will certainly pray for you.
Yours in health,
Dr. Brad Ford & The Hope Team
We wanted to provide an update regarding our office and the emerging issue around the coronavirus. Yes we are open and serving our community at this time. Your health always has been and will continue to be our #1 priority. We have been monitoring the advice from Alberta Health Services and following all recommendations by AHS and the Alberta College and Association of Chiropractors.
Some steps we have taken to enhance cleanliness in the office are as follows:
1. Wiping down high touch areas every hour throughout the office
2. Removing high touch items such as the kids’ toys, magazines and daily handouts (sorry kids!)
3. Our team will be signing you in as you arrive, rather than having you use the sign-in computers & keyboards. When you arrive for your appointment, please come see one of the ladies at the front desk to get you checked in!
4. Dr. Brad has hand sanitizer and is washing his hands frequently throughout the day
We ask that you please avoid coming to the office if:
– You have traveled outside Canada since February 27, 2020 (as per Alberta Health Services, self isolation is recommended for 2 weeks prior to engaging in regular activities)
– You have a fever, cough and/or nausea
– You had close contact with a person with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
– You had close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who was in mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Iran, South Korea, Japan, or Italy since February 27, 2020
If you have any of the above symptoms, please contact Health Link at 811
We have plenty of soap and water to wash your hands before and after your appointment. Thank you for understanding and we will keep you updated should anything change!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our office at 780-469-4438
Yours in health,
Drs. Brad and Genevieve Ford
Hope Chiropractic will be closed for the Christmas holidays from December 24th to January 5th. We will be open again to serve you on Monday, January 6th.
From our team to your family, Merry Christmas & a Healthy New Year!
Hope Chiropractic will be open on Monday, November 11th and closed on Friday, November 15th in lieu.
Hope Chiropractic will be closed Tuesday, October 8th and Monday, October 14th. Enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with your loved ones!