March 20, 2020 6:30pm
As of this afternoon it is under the recommendation of the Alberta College and Association of Chiropractors that effective Monday, March 23, 2020 all chiropractic services be suspended except those limited to emergent care.
If you have an appointment scheduled, please read the following to ensure your situation meets the requirements for us to proceed with your appointment. If you do not require emergent care (as defined below), please call us at 780.469.4438 and we will reschedule your appointment for a later date. If you are unsure if you qualify for care, please call us to assist with confirming your condition.
Emergent care is defined as:
- The patient is in an acute* condition where they would be severely physically limited from basic daily activities*** without chiropractic care. An example may include pain that limits your ability to sit/stand/move. OR
- The patient is in a sub-acute** condition that if left untreated would be vulnerable to an acute flare-up that could leave them severely physically limited from basic daily activities***. An example may be recognizing you are going to have a migraine which will limit your ability to perform basic daily activities.
*Acute meaning a severe or sudden onset.
**Sub-acute meaning rather recent onset or somewhat rapid change
*** Basic Daily Activities – Activities of daily living (ADLs) are routine activities people do every day without assistance. There are six basic ADLs: eating, bathing, getting dressed, toileting, transferring, and continence.
We will continue to serve emergent cases unless directed to do otherwise, granted you clear pre-screening measures and do not present with any of the concerned symptoms of COVID-19. If you are unsure of your COVID-19 symptoms please utilize this tool for direction on how to proceed:
Our team will be in contact with you via phone on Monday, March 23rd to confirm whether you meet the criteria for emergent care or whether you will need to reschedule your upcoming appointment(s).
It is possible our hours of operation may change over the course of the next undetermined amount of time. Please call the office at 780.469.443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we can accommodate you during the hours we will be open. We will continue to respond to voicemail and email during this time, please leave a message. We thank you in advance for your patience as we get back to you.
Friendly reminder: the clinic will be closed for the week of March 30th (this closure was pre-planned)
We want to thank our members and our team for complying with many changes required to maintain an operational status.
Disinfecting areas of high contamination zones began in early March 2020 and extra measures were implemented as per Alberta Health Services and the Alberta College of Chiropractors advisement on March 13, 2020.
We have and continue to;
- Screen practice members
- Maintain a facility appropriate with social distancing recommendations
- Disinfect high touch areas and treatment areas
- Use hand sanitizer and/or washing hands prior to providing care to our members
We want to assure you, we have done everything in our ability to provide care and keep our clinic operating in a healthy and safe environment over the past weeks in the midst of the COVID19 pandemic.
We continue to pray for you and your loved ones during this trying time. We look forward to serving you in the coming months as this pandemic rests and our new normal returns. Should you desire to share a prayer request, feel free to email or call us and we will certainly pray for you.
Yours in health,
Dr. Brad Ford & The Hope Team