What to Expect on Your First and Second Visit
What to Expect on your First Visit
This appointment will take approximately 60 minutes. All new practice members must complete health history paperwork. New practice member form can be accessed here.
We believe strongly that education is foundational so that you can understand why we do what we do while we serve you in this office.
You can expect:
- An introduction to our Office
- Chiropractic Education
- Specific, Scientific Chiropractic Assessment
Introduction to our office
Upon arrival you will meet with a chiropractic professional who will:
- Review your paperwork
- Fill out a financial care plan (Bring photo ID and cash, cheque or credit card. Debit is not available)
- Explain our monthly billing system
- We will take you on a brief, educational tour of our office so that you feel at home on your visits.
- You will then be educated on the process by which we look for vertebral subluxations and how chiropractic care works to bring optimal health to your whole body.
Specific Scientific Chiropractic Assessment
The next step is having your assessment completed. The assessment includes:
- Spinal Health Assessment
- Range of Motion
After Your First Visit
The chiropractor may request Chiropractic Postural Spinal X-rays. We perform x-rays for the following reasons:
- For your safety. Radiographic imaging is the main way we can confirm that there are no contraindications for you to receive chiropractic care.
- To enable the doctor to assess the overall health of your spine and to pinpoint the areas that need to be addressed.
- To give you objective information about the true health of your spine on which to base your health care decisions.
There are a number of reasons why x-rays won’t be requested. These are:
- Under age
- Recent usable spinal x-rays (in the last 2 years)
- Specific medical conditions
We will send you off site to a Medical Imaging Clinic to get these done. We do require that you go for them on the same day as your first visit so that our chiropractor has time to make his measurements and markings on them prior to you returning for your second visit.
*If you have already had x-rays done, or any other diagnostic tests (MRI, CT Scan, etc.), then please bring them into our office on your first visit.
What to Expect on your Second Visit
Your second visit is your Doctor’s Report. This visit is approximately 90 minutes long. At this free educational class, our chiropractor will review:
- How the body functions, how chiropractic care works to bring back your health and how the best results are achieved
- The results from your chiropractic assessment
- The results of your chiropractic postural X-rays
- Specific instructions on how you can correct the cause of your problem, get well faster and avoid a relapse
Once the class is done, you will receive your first specific, scientific chiropractic adjustment
We look forward to meeting you and assisting you on your journey to optimal health!